Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer Fun: Schulze Lake

I have always wanted to go canoeing at Schulze Lake. It's so close to our house and looks so fun! One day the week before school, I said, "We are doing it...now!"



Ethan and Robert tried the kayak first.

Trevor, Kevin and I took the canoe. I was a little concerned about how Kevin would do in the canoe for an hour, but he did great! There was a small crisis when he tried to steal the oar from me and throw it overboard, but we managed to get things back under control.
It was a perfect day to be on the lake: calm winds, sunshine, 70 degrees. Halfway through our time, we decided to switch boats. We even handled it without going to the docks!
In the end, Trevor and I decided we liked the canoe better, while Ethan and Robert liked the kayak better.
We saw 9 turtles, 2 fish, lots of birds, and a goose. I loved how these turtles were sitting there in the sun in order of size, like unstacked stacking cups. Once we got closer, they all plopped back into the lake.
It was a great summer afternoon activity!
We all feel very Minnesotan now.


1 comment:

lonnyanddeanne said...

And next year I am going canoeing with you!!!