Saturday, February 28, 2009

Homemade Valentines

If you know me well, you will know that I am NOT a crafty person. Yet, for some reason, I get the biggest kick out of clever, homemade valentines. So, for the last 3 or 4 years, I have helped the boys make valentines for their classes. I even subscribe to Family Fun because they have the greatest ideas each year!

For Trevor's class, we decided to make iPod valentines (an idea from Family Fun).
It's actually a box of those conversation hearts wrapped in red paper with the playlist and controls glued onto the front. Check out the playlist:

Such a great idea! The earbuds are the smaller peanut butter cups wrapped in tin foil.

Ethan chose the paper airplane valentine...you print out the airplane and instructions off of the Family Fun website.

He signed each one and we rolled them up, then tied it along with some Smarties. For Ethan's teacher, we traced his hand on pink cardstock and stuck them to a small tube of hand lotion. He wrote, "Mrs. Lewis, you deserve a hand. Love, Ethan."

They were the hit of the class Valentine's Parties.

And I'm all crafted-out.

2 comments:

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

What great ideas! They are very cute!

Scrappycook said...

The i-pod one is my favorite! What a cute idea!