Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Trevor!

Today my little boy turned 9! I can't believe it! He is such a great guy. He has the greatest sense of humor and he scares me a little with how quickly he catches on to things. He's also kind and loving. He so curious about the world...I find myself explaining things like insurance and investing to him. Last night, before he went to bed, I told him I would never see 8-year old Trevor again. He thought that was funny, but then got a little sad about it. He said, "It was fun being 8." How awesome that he knows it's great to be a kid! I assured him that 9 will be a great year, too. Here's a picture when he was about 6 months old:What a face! Look at those cheeks and those little ears that stick out! Where did the past 9 years go?!

On Friday night we had a Wii Sports party with 8 boys at our house. It was a lot of fun. I borrowed a Wii from a friend, so we had two Wiis going, so all 8 boys could play at once. I got them headbands and wristbands to wipe off all their "sweat" while they played Wii bowling and tennis. At the end, they all received trophies with their names and "Wii Sports Champ" on them. Sandi (Robert's mom) flew in to help with the party. I think we were both exhausted after a couple of hours with those boys! I think I'm done with big at home parties for a while.


Today Trevor took St. Patrick's Day pencils to school, along with some fun worksheets for his "birthday treat." (Our school has asked that we cut back on all of the sweets for birthdays.) We opened presents after he got home for school, went out to eat at Trevor's favorite restaurant (Chili's), then checked out the new Nickelodeon Universe at the mall. It was fun! Afterwards, we had a giant cookie cake that Sandi picked up for his birthday cake. All in all, a fun day!

6 comments:

Scrappycook said...

What a great idea for a birthday party! Happy Birthday Trevor!

Cathy said...

Love that you are back and posting. Not that you were gone. I just love pressing my Tiffany button and finding fun new pictures. Ry LOVED the party.

Flying Princess said...

You are so clever with your birthday parties. We have yet to have a single party, but check my blog later this week for the Star Wars theme I had for Eric's teeny-tiny celebration at school (over a month ago and still not blogged, who's lazy now?).

Speaking of Star Wars, I am sure you know that a HUGE exibit is going to the Science Museum of Minnesota in June. You have to promise me that you will take your Star Wars crazed six (or is he seven already?) year old to enjoy as much as that as possible, since it is the last stop and we will not even get back in the states unitl December. Take lots of pictures and blog them.

Flying Princess said...

Here is the website...

http://www.smm.org/starwars/

Dee & Glenn said...

Trevor we are proud of you. You will have a great year as a nine year old also. Your Mom is such a great mom. We sure do love all of you.
Grandma Dee and Grandpa

Tiffany said...

Hey Katherine, Yes, we know all about the Star Wars exhibit...you KNOW we are SO there! We joined the Science Museum almost expressly for the purpose of getting advanced tickets! They send out little emails every month or so about it...apparently you can have a birthday party there during the exhibit...very cool! Alas, my kids' birthdays don't match up. Thanks for all of the comments!