Saturday, June 28, 2008

Painting Project

OK...I'll be the first to admit that I get a little hung up on miniscule details at times. Since we got our new siding, trim, and roof last fall, I've been meaning to tie up a few loose ends on the exterior of our house. It's taken a few months, but I finally finished! Can you guess what I did? Here are the before and after pictures:

It's hard to tell in this shot, but I painted the trim around the garage to match the new cream trim all over the house. So much better than the dark brown! I also painted the garage door a new tan...yes, it's a totally different tan than before. Now it matches the new siding a little bit better. It's been bugging me all winter! Ethan told me that he thinks this new color should be called "skin."

Here's another little painting project. Can you tell the difference in the before and after?


It's not the flowers...do you see it? I painted the post cream (to match my new storm door and trim), the board under the door a light tan (to match the siding), and the front door got a new color...yes a NEW color! No one believes me...it used to be a sort of brick red, and now it's more of a burgundy red...totally different! Now it matches my shutters, which has been bugging me ever since we moved into the house!

OK...I need therapy. But, at least now I can rest a little bit easier at night.

3 comments:

Dee & Glenn said...

What fun all of you are having. Can't believe it is cold here when it is summer where you are. What handsome little boys you have. We love them so much.
Grandma & Grandpa

Sandi said...

Was this like that when I was there two weeks ago?

Flying Princess said...

I totally feel your pain. We did the same thing right before we sold the house, even though it had been bugging me for years. Good for you for getting going on it all.