Monday, October 29, 2007

This just cracks me up

So, we got this damage to our roof and siding from a storm in August. Ever since, we've had the joy of working with insurance companies, mortgage companies, and contractors. Our on-again-off-again contractors have been working on our siding off and on (and on and off) for the past week. I decided to document the stripping of my house with pictures. As I headed to the backyard to take a picture, I spied something that didn't belong on the back of my house:

I don't have a lovely telephoto lens (I am limited to the point-and-shoot variety of camera), but I'm sure you can try to make out what has been etched into the walls of my house by some wise-cracking worker from long ago...just look near the peak of the roof...yes, it says: DRUGS! The guys told me maybe I wouldn't want a picture of that...but it just cracked me up! They told me that they would cover it up and soon as they could, because we wouldn't want the neighbors to get the wrong idea...or ring the doorbell looking for me to hook them up.

3 comments:

Flying Princess said...

I miss seeing the Tyvek house wrap. We see cinder block and cement. Fortunately, we can't read the words that are scrawled on the walls.

Thanks for posting so many pictures.

The Bluths said...

Well hello there! Found your blog today and see that you have another kid and your boys are so grown up! It sure has been awhile! Come see our blog to see what we're up to :)

Sarah said...

Tiffany-
Here is my email
saca523@yahoo.com
It was good to see you today.
Sarah